Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Possible Match Up: Anderson Silva Vs Michael Bisping

Anderson Silva 
Recently Anderson Silva was interviewed by ESPN UK  about his upcoming Middleweight Championship fight Vs Vitor "The Phenom" Belfort at UFC 126 in Las Vegas this February. Silva is certainly not looking past Vitor but he started to speculate on his future. Silva has a desire to return to England to defend his belt against "The Ultimate Fighter 3" winner Michael Bisping. Many MMA fans will knows that Silva fought in the British MMA circuit where he became the Cage Rage Middleweight champion defeating "Lightning" Lee Murry.
"The British fans are very knowledgeable and passionate about MMA. I would love to fight there once more" said the Middleweight champ.
Silva last fought in England back in April 2006 where he knocked out Tony Fryklund with the famous uppercut elbow.
 "I am the champion of the world, not just Brazil or America. Being a world champion means taking on the best fighters from around the world all over the world." said the Pound for Pound champ. "If the chance came I would like to fight Bisping in the UK if that's what the UFC put together."


Bispings next fight is in Sidney at UFC 127 where he will face off against Jorge Rivera. Bisping has been on good form recently winning 6 of his 8 last fights dropping a decision to Wanderlie Silva and the famous knockout to Dan Handerson, so he is clearly in the title picture. The Ultimate Fighter winner has recently responded to the comments made by the Blackhouse member saying "It's nice to hear nice things from the best in the world, and hopefully soon I will earn the honour of fighting him" 


I am really hoping that all things align and this fight takes place because I would like to see Anderson Silva fight live before he retires and this is the best possible chance I have. Anderson is by far my favourite fighter ever and is the fighter that got me hooked in MMA.
I see 3 things stopping this fight from taking place.

1) Anderson needs to beat Vitor
2) Bisping needs to beat Rivera
3) Dana White needs to want to make it happen and forget about Okami as No.1 Contender.

I would sell  my soul for this to happen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment