Friday, June 24, 2011

Missy Elliot Fight Against Graves Disease


Missy Elliot Fight Against Graves Disease For 3 years now, Missy Elliot has been battling Graves' disease, the hip-hop artist divulged to folks. The disease, which takes a dramatic tole on the autoimmune system and thyroidal, has been so debilitating to the star that she's had to dramatically change her each day life. I was "driving and" trying to put my foot on the brake, but my leg was jumping," she recalled. "I could not keep the brake down and almost crashed. I could not write because my nervous system was so bad I could not even use a pen. But the disease hasn't only had a physical affect on the star; it's also taken a toll on Eliott's mental facilities. The 'acts it' singer was also plagued with mood swings and hair loss while undergoing radiation for hyperthyroidism. Unfortunately, as of yet, there's no cure for Graves' disease, but if caught early, as in Elliot's case, it can be maintained so that the carrier can live as close to a normal life as possible though the health of those with the disease can deteriorate over time. I am thirty pounds lighter because I have been exercising," she explained. "My thyroid is functioning, so I have not had to take medication in about nine months. You live with it for the rest of your life. And Eliott Is not letting her health holds her back; she lately proclaimed that she will produce a comeback album with the help of Timbaland.

No comments:

Post a Comment