Friday, June 17, 2011

Legends of Fighting Championship 47 (6/17/11) Preview and Predictions!


LFC 47: Big Dawgs!
6/17/11
8 Second Saloon
111 North Lynhurst, Indianapolis, Indiana 46224


The Main Card
Heavyweight Fight: Rob Barnett vs. William Penn II
MY PICK – William Penn via decision
WINNER -

KING JB's pre-fight Comments: Whoa, these two big boys are READY for war. William Penn is on a two fight skid, but definitely seems at the top of his game right now. He obviously is trying to repeat his success and get back inside Bellator or one of the big boys. There is no better place to get back to the big show than the LFC. Rob Barnett was very intense looking at the weigh-ins as was Mr. Penn. This is a rematch for the ages. William Penn wasn't too happy that the fight went to the decision last time and he says this time its time for a finish. Its gonna be a hell of a Main Event, and you know me...I gotta make a prediction and I am going with William Penn via decision again.

Bantamweight Fight: Darnell Davis vs. Carson Gainey
MY PICK – Carson Gainey via decision
WINNER -

KING JB's pre-fight Comments: Wow, this is a fight for the fans right here as the People's Champ, Darnell Davis meets a very humble and hungry Carson Gainey. Both men have some excellent wrestling ability and I am excited to see how this one plays out. Davis was pretty quiet at the weigh-ins which was something that shocked me. For some reason, the Peoples Champ title wasn't something that he was to vocal about. Is he focused? Is that why he was quiet? My pick for this fight is actually Carson Gainey via decision. He just seemed like he was personally in a zone.

Featherweight Fight: Justin Ford vs. Aaron Miller
MY PICK – Justin Ford via TKO (3rd)
WINNER -

KING JB's pre-fight Comments: Judo Justin Ford and Aaron Miller both seemed extremely confident at the weigh-ins and this fight could easily be fight of the night. I know that Darnell Davis said that his fight would be fight of the night and thats VERY possible. However, this fight to me just seems like the fight to pick. Both men were amped at the weigh-ins and looked ready to go. I am excited to see this fight despite it being hard to pick. Ford has a lot of buzz around him recently and to be honest, I think its for real. My pick in this fight is Justin Ford via TKO.

Bantamweight Fight: Chris Johnson vs. Matt Wilson
MY PICK - Matt Wilson via submission
WINNER - 

KING JB's pre-fight Comments:
Amateur Card
Amateur Featherweight Championship: Luis Guerra (2-1) vs. David Bernas ( )
MY PICK – David Bernas via TKO (2nd)
WINNER -

KING JB's pre-fight Comments: I am truly excited about this fight here as Bernas challenges for the title. This fight also has fight of the night potential. Guerra is a huge talent as is Bernas. Bernas is a fighter with a lot of talent in all areas of MMA and thats the reason I am picking the upset here for the championship. I think Guerra will put up a hell of a fight, so in all reality, this fight could go either way. Since I have to pick the fight, I think we are going to see a NEW FEATHERWEIGHT CHAMPION!

Kevin Groff vs. Kenny Day
MY PICK – Kenny Day via decision
WINNER -

Chad Wilson (2-0) vs. Justen Dowset (3-1)
MY PICK – Chad Wilson via submission (3rd)
WINNER -

KING JB's pre-fight Comments: Over the past couple of months, I have become a Chad Wilson fan as he seems to eat, shit, and sleep MMA. I think this will be a fight where he feels he has something to prove by staying undefeated. I personally think he will stay undefeated and pull it off. I honestly don't know a thing about Mr. Dowset, so my prediction could easily be wrong!

Demar Gibson vs. Dewayne Castillo
MY PICK – Demar Gibson via decision
WINNER -

Light Heavyweight Fight: Jeremy Baughman (4-0) vs. Brandon Hess
MY PICK – Jeremy Baughman via decision
WINNER -

KING JB's pre-fight Comments: Jeremy Baughman looked extremely intense and ready for this fight. Its really hard for me to pick against him considering I never spoke or saw Brandon at the weigh-ins.

Joe Lyle Jr. vs. Jason Tancreti
MY PICK - None
WINNER -

Daniel Blackburn vs. Mike Moon
MY PICK – None
WINNER -

Lloyd Thornton vs. Jake Beals
MY PICK – None
WINNER -

Lamonte Dixon vs. Demarcus Spencer
MY PICK – Lamonte Dixon via decision
WINNER -

King JB's Pre-Fight Comments: Lamonte Dixon has some strong representation and back up in Dan Stevens and Inner Beast Sports Wear. As a fellow BEAST, its gonna be extremely hard for me to pick against him. Demarcus however looked extremely ready last night and its also hard for me to pick against him. This is going to be a great contest between two true warriors in the game!

KeAndre Howard (1-2) vs. Cody Gamble
MY PICK – KeAndre Howard via KO
WINNER -

King JB's Pre-Fight Comments: My boy KeAndre Howard has made a true fan out of me. This is a man that I was ACTUALLY supposed to fight here tonight! Im pretty pissed off that I am not pulling the double threat as a journalist and fighter tonight. However, with that being the case, I spent a lot of time talking with KeAndre and he seems ready to even up that 1-2 record of his and move to .500. I believe that he will do just that...VICIOUSLY!

Johnny Neville (0-3) vs. Joe Raney (0-2)
MY PICK – Joe Raney via submission
WINNER -

King JB's Pre-Fight Comments: The battle of the win-less. Jonny is a real good dude to talk to, but I saw a lack of intensity and confidence when I spoke with him. He seems ready, but at the same time he seemed like he had a huge lack of confidence. Joe is 0-2 and win-less as well, but I believe that he is focused and ready to go. I hate to pick against Jonny because he is a GOOD dude, but the truth is that without cockiness sometimes, fighters seem soft. Is he soft? We will find out tonight! Who is gonna get their first win?

No comments:

Post a Comment