Monday, June 13, 2011

Daily Wrap from the Throne (6/13/11)

Daily Wrap from the Throne – 6/13/11
by King JB

Sponsors
I would like to give a shout out to all of my wonderful sponsors out there that help keep the Kingdom and its vision for the future of MMA Media going. I would love to give a shout out to INNER BEAST SPORTSWEAR, FULL GUARD FIGHT GEAR, MOBSTERS FIGHT GEAR, MMAmadhouse.com, &CW Designs by Carl Walker! I don't think I missed anyone, but if I did....my bad! Big ups as well to the LEGENDS OF FIGHTING CHAMPIONSHIP, the best show in Indiana! Also wanna give a shout out to Colosseum Combat and the MMA BIG SHOW! I will be joining all of these shows with their next events. Ain't no coverage like MMA Kingdom coverage!
MMA Affiliates Radio Evolution & MMA Kingdom Website
First off, I would like to thank Daniel Clark for all the hard work that he has put into the MMA Kingdom Website. We have been adding quite a bit to the website. I hope all of you get the time to go check it out. The address is http://mmakingdom.weebly.com/ Feel free to stop by. We are going to get the forum up and running TODAY and I would love to have a great community for MMA discussion.

Now on to the Radio Show...First off, if you havent heard it, you really need to go back and check out the archives. GREAT SHOWS we have had over the past 6 weeks or so. The evolution of the show moving to two hours and three days per week has worked to perfection. We are giving you 9-12 solid interviews per week, plus I continue to act a god damn fool. If you don't already know, you can catch all of the old shows at www.blogtalkradio.com/mmaaffiliates Go check that shit out. Our interview with Antonio Mckee was a legendary interview.

Roy Nelson had Pneumonia @ UFC 130?
I am calling bullshit here and its only because I am so god damn sick of these fighters claiming injuries and sicknesses when they lose. Do I believe that SOMETIMES they are telling the truth? Of course I think that sometimes fighters are injured and sick because they lost a fight, but with Roy, I think this all stems from all the heat that he took after the fight. After the fight, almost everyone said that “Roy is fat and that's his problem.”

I find that hilarious because Roy Nelson was always commended for having great cardio and skill despite his weight. This time he took a beating against a very very solid Frank Mir and he is now being attacked from left and right about his weight. He had a bad night and then took some heat. So, I think he is trying to divert people from all of the “fat” talk and get them to think about something else. It wasn't because he was “fat”...It was because he had walking pneumonia! I am definitely calling out “bull shit” on this one. Show me some paper work Roy, because I think your full of shit...Just keepin it real. Truth is that Roy Nelson is a great fighter and he just had a rough night against another top ten fighter. I would like to see Roy drop to 205, just to see if he can do it. However, overall I love to see Roy in the cage with the belly. I can't help but to root for him.
Paul Daley vs. Cyborg Santos on 7/30/11!
I cannot fuckin wait for this fight. It was announced yesterday that Paul Daley's next fight will come against another solid striker in Cyborg Santos. I think this fight is great for the fans, but as a fan of Paul Daley, I am extremely worried. Deep down, I think he is going to win this fight, but Santos reminds me of Wanderlei in a way. He is an amazing striker that hits MUCH HARDER than Nick Diaz. Even though I do NOT think that Diaz knocked out Daley and should have won the fight, I do think that what we saw in that fight is a huge issue with Daley's jaw. Daley was dropped a couple of times with Diaz's punches. I think that since Cyborg hits harder, we might see a huge upset. I hope that is not the case, but the truth is that in a stand up war, Daley MIGHT be in trouble here. My heart says Daley all the way, but my brain says that we might seriously be ready to see a huge upset. More importantly, a loss here would knock Daley down the rankings so far, he may wanna consider changing divisions.

Now, before any of you jerkoffs send me hate mail saying that Daley is NOT gonna lose, let me make something clear. I am predicting a Daley win, but I am just saying that this is a dangerous fight for him and I am worried about this fight for him and the status of his future.
Some guy wins $51,547 on 12 fight Parlay!
As a gambler, all I can say is OH SHIT. I gamble all of the time on these fights and to be honest, I am impressed. He spent $200 and got back $51,000? That's just some sick shit and I am extremely happy for the guy. I know personally how hard it is to hit these parlays. They still haven't released the guy's name, but regardless, I think he got extremely lucky. Sometimes its good to be lucky. I have had some pretty decent sized wins, but nothing like that. Do you guys out there gamble and where? What do you consider the best place to gamble? Is it online? In Vegas?
Sudden Death Rules for Heavyweight Grand Prix!
Wow, I am impressed with this one to be honest. I know that this is a test run and if it works, they are going to try to regulate like this inside the UFC as well. I think this is great evolution of the sport and it will make sure that we have clear cut winners in each fight. We haven't seen an issue with draws too much in Strikeforce, so I do not see this making an immediate impact. However it seems that Zuffa is really starting to think about this Heavyweight Grand Prix. That is a good thing because if it is successful, I am sure that they will do the same thing in the future.


5-Rounds for Non-Title Main Events!
Thank God we got something that will probably lead to more finishes. A lot of these fights will never EVER see five rounds. For instance, Dos Santos and Carwin would not have fought for five rounds in my opinion. I think that somewhere in the 4th, we would have seen a finish by one or the other. Personally, I think Dos Santos would have won it there too.

I admit that watching Jon Fitch, Anthony Johnson, or Josh Koscheck lay on someone for five rounds seems boring as shit. However, maybe their opposition will figure out how to counter it in the later rounds. I am not 100% for sure that this will work, but Id say that its a damn good try. I think overall, this decision will be great for the UFC.
UFC is Bringing in the Flyweights!
This may be the biggest news of the week. I am geeked that they considered and are going to bring in the Flyweight division. I admit that the division is small, but there are some really good Flyweights out there! Here are my rankings for the Flyweight division!

Mamoru Yamaguchi (KOTC) 26-5-3 NEXT FIGHT: 8/5 vs. #5 Jussier da Silva

Yasuhiro Urushitani (Shooto) 18-4-6 NEXT FIGHT: Unknown

Alexis Vila (MFA) 9-0 NEXT FIGHT: Unknown

Ian McCall (TPF) 10-2 NEXT FIGHT: 8/5 vs. #7 Darrell Montague

Jussier da Silva (TPF) 9-1 NEXT FIGHT: 8/5 vs. #1 Mamoru Yamaguchi

Rambaa Somdet (Shooto) 8-2 NEXT FIGHT: Unknown

Darrell Montague (TPF) 9-1 NEXT FIGHT: 8/5 vs. #4 Ian McCall

Jose Maria Tome 24-2 NEXT FIGHT: Unknown

John Dodson 11-5 NEXT FIGHT: Unknown

Ryuichi Miki 10-4-3 NEXT FIGHT: Unknown

Overall, I cannot wait to see these fighters inside the UFC. I think that this division is going to be more exciting than the average casual fan thinks. Huge move in the MMA world to be honest.

Well, thats gonna be it for now. I am going to go back to writing these each and everyday. Thank you to everyone for reading, watching videos, and listening to MMA Affiliates Radio. Until next time, be safe. I love the Kingdom and will continue to try to bring you guys the best in MMA coverage!

Thank you all,
KING JB
MMA Kingdom
MMA Affiliates

No comments:

Post a Comment