Sunday, June 26, 2011

Daily Wrap from the Throne #8 (6/25/11)

Daily Wrap from the Throne #8
6/25/11
by King JB

Nate Marquardt cut from the UFC!
Wow, this was a shock for myself and most people out there that were following this situation. Dana White made it official following Nate Marquardt not passing medical and being forced to withdrawl from the main event of UFC on Versus 4 against Rick Story. Nate Marquardt not only is out of the fight, but Dana White officially fired Nate Marquardt on a Twitter Video live. I have to admit that this was a shock considering for him to be fired that quickly means that this had to be serious. The reason for the cut is unknown at the moment, but it has to be something to do with the drug test to be honest. I don't see how it could be anything else. My question is obviously what it could be just like the rest of you. My comedic side is curious if he was having trouble cutting the weight for his debut at 170lbs causing him to turn to CRACK for the weight loss. Anything is possible in the world of MMA and as funny as it sounds, it had to be serious for Dana White to just cut him out of no where.
I have never been a big fan of Nate Marquardt anyways, so this doesn't bother me a bit, but with all jokes aside, he had to have done something serious. It can't be steroids, because I didn't know that you could CUT WEIGHT and lose a substancial amount of weight with steroids. I may be wrong and ignorant for saying that, but it just doesn't seem like steroids is it. In my opinion, it has to be a hard drug. If it was weed, would Dana White cut him for something as small as weed? I think that with all the recent injuries and pull outs, especially with this card, Dana White obviously took exception to his main eventer pulling out. Personally, Im glad to see him out of the UFC because his arrogance made me sick earlier this week when he said that Rick Story wasn't in his league. Why did that bother me? Its simple...Nate isn't in a league much higher than anyone! This isn't Pancrase and he is not a legend in the UFC or America in general. In MMA and especially the UFC, there are three levels or leagues. There are undercard fighters, main card fighters, and main eventers/champions. Nate Marquardt honestly is in the main card level and so is Rick Story. I think that Nate considers himself a main eventer and despite him being booked for this particular main event, he is NOT a main eventer. He couldn't draw shit and he knows it. Personally, the only reason I am even interested in this story is to find out how serious Nate fucked up causing his dismissal.
Shogun Rua wants stomps in the UFC
One of the greatest Light Heavyweight fighters of all time has recently called for the UFC to start allowing Pride style head stomps. Now, when it comes to situations like this, I am kind of on the fence. As a fan, OF COURSE I want to see head stomps like the Pride days. However, I also like MMA being legalized here in the USA and my biggest fear is these fucking jerkoff stiffs that run our country deciding that this sport is once again to barbaric for their liking. Personally, I think that there should be as little rules as possible with MMA and all elbows and stomps should be allowed. Personally, how can anyone NOT love the Wandy and Shogun kicks in Pride? I see nothing wrong with stomping on a persons head nor the 12-6 elbows or whatever. I do NOT understand what makes those moves any more dangerous than anything else and to be honest, its more exciting in my book.

The issue is perception. All of these jerkoff stiffs have a huge issue with moves that LOOK high impact. As I mentioned, the stomps and elbows and kicks are really NOT more dangerous, but they LOOK more impactful and thats what these bastards problem is with the commissions. The truth is that due to that reason, I honestly do not think that they will EVER legalize stomps inside the UFC and maybe its for the best. I know that sounds like the pussy way out and I agree that it is the pussy way out, but this isn't about what I prefer to see. I prefer to see no holds barred type of fights. However, we need to keep this sport legal and commissioned. With that being the case, if that means I never see a foot stomp in America, then I never see a foot stomp in America. In the long run, as long as I have MMA still around to watch and go to, I am happy.
James Toney vs. Ken Shamrock
I have to admit that this fight interest the shit outta me. I admit that its a circus fight and I don't even give a fuck. Ken Shamrock's career is over in the realm of real mixed martial arts. James Toney still can't fight in terms of MMA, but yet thinks that he can. I think this is good for Ken Shamrock because it seems like an easy win for him. However, this is obviously an attempt by James Toney to get some quick hype for himself. If he wins this fight, which he wont, he will run around saying that he beat a MMA legend. That is the one dangerous part of this entire fight for the sport of MMA. If James Toney is able to somehow get this win, we will never hear the end of it in the MMA community. Despite the fact that Shamrock's MMA career is basically done, it will NOT STOP Toney from running his mouth like he actually beat a current MMA superstar. That is why this fight is extremely huge for Ken Shamrock. Ken has already fucked up his legacy enough as he fights for money because he broke himself trying to sue the UFC and ZUFFA. A loss here to James Toney would land Ken Shamrock in the MMA doghouse for ETERNITY in my opinion much like Tim Sylvia losing to a boxer effected him.

There is even talk of this fucking circus fight having different rules and regulations for each round. That probably won't happen because I cannot see any commission agreeing to them rule set. They are saying one round will be boxing, one will be jiu-jitsu, and one will be MMA. That sounds like just about the most stupid fucking idea that I have ever heard. This is MMA and it needs to be a 100% MMA fight or they need to take that shit to another sport. They are saying that this fight will be in either September or October, but there is no location named. There is NO WAY that this is going to be inside the UFC, so I am looking forward to see which organization is going to put this freak show on. Fuck it, Ill be ready to watch it and actually will be rooting on Ken Shamrock for the first time ever. Fuck these boxers and everything they stand for. They wanna disrespect MMA all the time? They are just jealous at the success of MMA and thats painfully obvious.

Royce Gracie wants $1,000,000 Pay Day?
Now, I already know that this is not going to be the most popular section here, but you know I have to keep it real. I am a Royce Gracie fan and I will always love to see him fight whenever possible. Now, I know a lot of people are saying that they do not want to see him fight, but I think a fight between him and Demian Maia would be great or even his rematch with Matt Hughes like he wants. With that being said, let me get to the point. Royce Gracie wants seven figures to fight at UFC 134: Rio and he recently just said that Dana White already knows his worth. All over the internet, people are saying that he isn't worth this money. Let me start off by saying that this event is in Brazil and it isn't always about what someone is worth. I personally think that the UFC and Zuffa should do this JUST SIMPLY to give Brazil what they want. They are going to make much more than enough to be able to afford Royce Gracie. Why not give him his retirement fight in Brazil for the UFC organization?

The truth is that Dana White knows the value of Royce Gracie and it is actually much more than the seven digits. Brazil is obviously sold out and it wont matter, but you already know that the casual MMA fans that are still deciding whether they are going to order the show is more than likely to DEFINITELY order the PPV if they know they can see Shogun, Nogueira, Anderson Silva, AND Royce Gracie on the card. Not to mention, fan favorite Forrest Griffin is also going to be on the card. This pay per view will be WELL over 1,000,000 buys and that is why I believe that Royce HAS to be on the card. The truth is that this has the potential to be the highest grossing pay per view of all time with all of these names. Why NOT add the name power of Royce Gracie for the casual or old school fans? Brock Lesnar is gone for right now and they NEED a 1,000,000 buy pay per view and the truth is that Royce Gracie will help them get that. Especially if we add Matt Hughes name to this list of stars as Royce Gracie's opponent.

I understand that Royce Gracie will never be a UFC champion and he even knows that. However, $1,000,o00 is a small number considering the success that this particular event can truly have by adding the star names of Royce Gracie and Matt Hughes to this card. Is Royce Gracie going to be the best fight on the card or the main event? Of course he isn't, but that doesn't mean that this fight cannot open the card and be huge for the show. Hell, it can even be the SPIKE TV fight which would lead so many people into pure excitement to see the show. Imagine a show in which Royce vs. Hughes II is on the under card? What does that say about the Main Card? Ill tell you what it says, it says that the main card and draw is of legendary status and WELL WORTH a man's $50.00.

Roger Gracie is out vs. King Mo
A stress fracture has added to the list of great fights being killed since the Insurance has taken over for Zuffa as Roger Gracie has now pulled out of his fight with King Mo Lawal on July 30th at the Fedor vs. Henderson card. I truly hope that they get King Mo another fight for the show, but nothing was announced which has me worried. I am so sick of all these god damn injuries and pull outs. I am starting to truly think that this insurance bullshit is hurting MMA. These people are not feeling as if they HAVE TO FIGHT for some reason. I was really looking forward to this fight and now I am just bummed...Is there even anyone to replace Roger Gracie in Strikeforce at 205? Lets go ahead and get King Mo over to the UFC then or get him Babalu! Fuck it!
Paul Daley vs. Tyron Woodley
Another injury out there has changed a major fight out there in the MMA World. Thank god that we basically immediately got a replacement however for this fight. Tyron Woodley told me on MMA Affiliates Radio that he wanted Paul Daley a month ago anyways. I am truly glad to see that he got what he wanted and I hope that Strikeforce makes this for the vacant Welterweight Championship. This fight obviously is for the July 30th card and it should be a solid fight. Yes, I admit that this could end up with T-Wood laying on top of him for the decision win considering Paul Daley hates dealing with wrestlers. Of course Paul Daley and Cyborg would have been the most exciting fight, but the truth is that this fight has more importance in terms of contenders and ranking in the division. Either way, whomever will win this fight will be more than likely picking up the biggest win of their career. I am excited to see what happens here...What do you think about this fight?
Bellator 46 Results
Bellator is BACK after a small break and it was definitely good to see it back after all of the bullshit happening recently with the injuries and pull outs over in the land of ZUFFA. Here were the results of the show...

Main Card
Featherweight Quarterfinal bout: Pat Curran def. Luis Palomino via submission (1-3:49)
Featherweight Quarterfinal bout: Marlon Sandro def. Genair da Silva via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 29-28).
Featherweight Quarterfinal bout: Nazareno Malegarie def. Jacob DeVree via submission (3-1:25)
Featherweight Quarterfinal bout: Ronnie Mann def. Adam Schindler via KO (1-4:14)

Local Feature Fights
Women's (115 lbs.) bout: Jessica Aguilar def. Carla Esparza via split decision (30-27, 28-29, 30-27).
Heavyweight bout: Tony Johnson Jr. def. Derrick Lewis via decision (29-28 x 3)
Catchweight bout (152 lbs.): Alexandre Bezerra def. Sam Jones via submission (1-3:27)
Middleweight bout: Dan Cramer def. Josh Samman via decision (29-28 x 3)

Strikeforce: Challengers 16
Strikeforce literally just put on the worst Challengers event that I have ever seen them put on. This is supposed to be their version of “Fight Night” and they recently have put on some pretty decent showings. This one just was horrible in my opinion in terms of match-making and production. I can tell you now that if they do not get their shit together here, Zuffa will end up killing this show and that's a fucking promise. You all know it and I know it. This event happened on Friday Night despite me reporting it today. All these god damn decisions would make you think that it was a good show with solid fights....No...it wasn't!

Televised bouts
Lightweight bout: Caros Fodor def. James Terry via decision (30-27, 30-27, 29-28).
Lightweight bout: Ryan Couture vs. Matt Ricehouse def. Ryan Couture via decision (29-28 x 3)
Light Heavyweight bout: Lorenz Larkin def. Gian Villante via decision (29-28 x 3)
Welterweight bout: Jason High def. Quinn Mulhern via decision (30-27 x 3)
Women's middleweight (145 lbs) bout: Julia Budd def. Germaine de Randamie via decision (29-28 x 3)

Preliminary card
Middleweight bout: Derek Brunson def. Jeremy Hamilton via decision (30-27 x 3)
Welterweight bout: Eduardo Pamplona def. Jerron Peoples via TKO (1-2:40)
Light Heavyweight bout: Keith Berry vs. Trevor Smith def. Keith Berry via submission (2-3:02)

MMA Affiliates Radio
The greatest radio show on earth of course, MMA Affiliates Radio has been continuing to go strong. We have had some great guests over recent weeks and the guests are going to get even better. This Sunday, we are going to have the owner of the MFC, Mark Pavelich on the show and after his recent tweet concerning possibly selling his company for 3.2 million dollars, this should be more interesting than previously thought. We are also booked to have journalist, Loretta Hunt on the program this week. Remember that the time changes are the following. The Sunday show is at night from 9-11pm EASTERN time of course. The Wednesday show is during the day from NOON-2pm and the Thursday “Indiana” show is from 9-11 as well at night.
Situation with Teddy Bowe/Dibiase
Now its time to talk about the situation that unfortunately you all saw and heard about today. Just so everyone knows, I do not listen to that mans radio show, watch his videos, or check his page. I never even speak of this cat. I was told that he regularly post videos about me and says my name daily. He hangs out on all my pages and for some reason has a serious crush on me. He chose to actually say something about my wife today. So, there is no more talking. The offer and challenge is on the table. I am willing to put up $10,000 against his $10,000 just to get him to back up what he talks. If he is so tough and he feels he can whip my ass (which he must, or why would he talk), then I say lets meet and make this happen.
 I will buy his plane ticket over here and then gladly gamble my $10,000 against this internet tough guy. There is no more to be said, but if a man is going to do all that talking and then not be willing to back it up, I think its safe to say that we know what type of man that man really is. The offer is on the table...If your gonna follow me all over the internet like a groupie, atleast use all that energy and come win you $10,000. I promise to not even throw a punch. I will use JIU-JITSU only...Break your fuckin arm so you can't be a keyboard warrior no fucking more you funny lookin bitch. Knock the down syndrome outta your ass...QUIT TALKING SHIT and EITHER FIGHT OR SHUT UP.

Team Takeover
I recently have been paying a lot of attention to Bloodstain Lane's team takeover and I have to say that they are doing some big things with their forum and new website. I just wanted to take this time to give them a personal shout out and commend them for all the effort they put into combat sports. No, I do NOT agree with everything they say nor do they agree with everything I say, but the truth is that this is a pretty tight nit group and I respect what they are trying to do. I wouldn't mind having some MMA Kingdom and Team Takeover CO-PROMOTED Video's or prediction contests. Back when I knew nothing about these guys, I said some ignorant things and I am man enough to say that I was ignorant then and knew nothing about them, I was wrong in some areas at that time. Im a man and like I said before...I ALWAYS keep it real.

Voice vs. Badr Hari
Simply one of the most intense interviews that I have ever seen. I am a Badr Hari fan now that I have been researching him over the past week. I would like to personally thank Bloodstain Lane for putting me up on game with Badr Hari. I honestly never knew who he was and this man is a fucking beast. I am gonna post the videos to this major interview here and if you haven't seen it yet, YOU NEED TO. This man is just as intense as it gets, period!

The Voice Versus Badr Hari pt 1 from zpzp420 on Vimeo.

The Voice Versus Badr Hari pt 2 from zpzp420 on Vimeo.

The Voice Versus Badr Hari pt 3 from zpzp420 on Vimeo.

The Voice Versus Badr Hari pt 4 from zpzp420 on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment