Saturday, July 2, 2011

UFC 132 (7/2/11)

UFC 132 
7/2/11 
Las Vegas, Nevada  


MAIN EVENT: UFC Bantamweight Championship: Dominick Cruz (17-1) vs. Urijah Faber (25-4)

MY PICK - Urijah Faber via decision

WINNER -



Pre-Fight Comments - This is the one and only weight class where the champion is NOT my #1 in the world in my MMA Kingdom OFFICIAL RANKINGS. These two guys REALLY hate eachother and it all seems to stem from Cruz's jealousy that Faber is talked about more than him despite him being the champ. It seems to me that Faber's victory over him in the past and the questions about that has REALLY gotten into the head of Mr. Cruz. I told everyone months ago that Faber was going to make a STRONG title run and get the title again and this night will be the fullfillment of that prophecy. I think we will definitely see an amazing fight however, that may go the entire FIVE rounds. Cruz bores the shit outta me as he seems to ALWAYS go to the judges (1/2 his fights). I think this one is going the same way. Faber is gonna walk away as the NEW UFC BANTAMWEIGHT CHAMPION!!!



Post Fight Comments -



CO MAIN EVENT: Middleweight Fight: Wanderlei Silva (33-10-1-1) vs. Chris Leben (25-7)

MY PICK - Wanderlei Silva via decision

WINNER -



Pre-Fight Comments - Definitely gonna be fight of the night and maybe even the fight of the year. I think we are indeed going to see a bloodbath, but recently Chris Leben made my decision for me. He said that he expects this to be three rounds of war and go to the decision. I admit that I agree with that, but Wanderlei says he is knocking him out in the first round. Why does that matter? CONFIDENCE ALWAYS MATTERS! Yes, I think it will go to the judges and Wanderlei will take it. The reason? He knows he can win this fight. Chris Leben seems somewhat STAR STRUCK! I may be wrong, but regardless, this is gonna be an AMAZING FIGHT! I think that Wandy could be cut if he loses.....SERIOUSLY.



Post Fight Comments -



Bantamweight Fight: Brian Bowles (9-1) vs. Takeya Mizugaki (14-5-2)

MY PICK - Brian Bowles via decision

WINNER -



Pre-Fight Comments - I have always thought Brian Bowles was overrated. Yes, I understand that he is NOT a bum and I am not saying that he is, but people like to put him in the same category as Faber, Torres, Aldo, and Cruz and that is something that I just am NOT willing to do just yet. I give him credit for his win over Torres and two wins over Demacio Page, but he has a LONG way to go in my book. Mizugaki is one of the best in the business and I think he is going to give him a hell of a fight. He always goes to the fucking judges though and his inability to finish bothers me. Despite the fact that I am NOT the biggest Bowles fan, I do believe he will add Mizugaki to his list of big wins to definitely improve his standing in my eyes. I think this fight will go to the judges.



Post Fight Comments -



Welterweight Fight: Carlos Condit (26-5) vs. Dong Hyun Kim (14-0-1-1)

MY PICK - Carlos Condit via TKO (2nd)

WINNER -



Pre-Fight Comments - I think the winner of this fight will be next after Nick Diaz to get a title shot. I feel sorry for both men that they even have to wait that long, but after talking to Mr. Condit, he seems patient. Carlos was a guest on MMA Affiliates Radio this past week and he seems super ready for this fight. Everyone agrees that Kim's biggest chance at winning this fight will be using his wrestling to win the decision. I think Condit will end this fight way before this. I think Condit will get a KO or TKO pretty quick in the second round. Kim has been escaping his first loss BARELY for a long time and I just find it almost impossible for him to escape it here. Regardless, I think the winner should get the shot at the title. I like both fighters to be honest, and I think they are BOTH strong competitors. Kim seemed EXTREMELY confident in interviews this week and even said that Carlos was OVERRATED.



Post Fight Comments -



Middleweight Fight: Brad Tavares (7-0) vs. Aaron Simpson (9-2)

MY PICK - Brad Tavares via TKO (3rd)

WINNER -



Pre-Fight Comments - Aaron Simpson seems to have compltely fallen off in my eyes. I did hear today that he had a pretty vicious staph infection that may have been the reason for his recent failure in the cage. Brad Tavares looked real good on the Ultimate Fighter and to be honest, he just seems to have a lot of ability. At 7-0, he has an undefeated record, but he suffered defeat in the show. I think that taught him alot about losing and coming back without having to actually take a "L" on his record. He is super aggressive and that will do him well in this fight. Can he stop Aaron Simpson's takedowns in the REAL question here. He's been training with Xtreme Couture, so I am sure he has picked up enough to stop the takedowns. I think he will win by TKO in this fight. I think if Aaron Simpson loses this fight, he may be cut from the UFC...That is three of his last four which would be losses.



Post Fight Comments -



Lightweight Fight: Rafael dos Anjos (14-5) vs. George Sotiropoulos (14-3)

MY PICK - George Sotiropoulos via decision

WINNER -



Pre-Fight Comments - I am STILL pissed off that this isnt Evan Dunham and G-Sot. I am so pissed off about it, I do not care about this fight at all. G-Sot is one of the best lightweights in the world and that is obvious. dos Anjos is good, but not quite yet great and he is in this fight simply as a replacement. I will say this though...If dos Anjos can pull the upset, it will do WONDERS for his career and we will have officially seen the hype train of G-Sot crash all the way. I think this fight is destined for the judges as both men will counter the other's fantastic submission ability.



Post Fight Comments -



Light Heavyweight Fight: Tito Ortiz (15-8-1) vs. Ryan Bader (12-1)

MY PICK - Tito Ortiz via decision

WINNER -



Pre-Fight Comments - I am so sick and tired of all these jerk-offs out here bad mouthing Tito Ortiz and his career. He is a legend PERIOD and nothing that you trolls ever say about him will change that. Tito Ortiz is right when he says that he only fights the best of the best and he never gets finished. I think you all have pissed him off and with his job on the line, he is coming for the kill tonight. Ryan Bader is good, but not GREAT yet. I see the way Jon Jones man handled him and took him down. I think Tito is a FAR BETTER wrestler than Jon Jones in my honest opinion. I think Tito is gonna win this fight based on points and save his career. Yes, if he loses, he will be fired and all you haters will be happy and probably jerk off all over your stomachs. Part of me wants to pick Bader due to strength and age, but I can't do it. If Tito loses here and loses his UFC career, then I can take a loss on my predections..FUCK IT! We are gonna ride till the wheels fall off! WAR TITO! Tito has lost three in a row, but I truly think he beat Forrest Griffin in their rematch.



Post Fight Comments -



Lightweight Fight: Matt Wiman (13-5) vs. Dennis Siver (18-7)

MY PICK - Dennis Siver via decision

WINNER -



Pre-Fight Comments - This is ANOTHER great fight in this stacked lightweight division. Dennis Siver is another top-10 lightweight in my book and a win here would definitely keep him there. A loss here would be detrimental towards his push to the top however with Wiman, who always seems to be a gatekeeper in the division. Dennis Siver is a mini-Cro Cop to me and his feet are just deadly as it gets. Wiman has won three straight however despite that bullshit win over Danzig. He seems to be on a solid roll these days and a win here may push HIM past the gatekeeper status. Wiman has been seeing the judges alot recently as in 4 of last 5 fights. I do not expect Siver to play around enough to let it go that far. I think that Siver will pull this one off as well and continue his rise to the top of the division. Am I the only one here that thinks that Siver should meet Guillard next? I know that Guillard beat him way back at UFC 86, but things are much different for both of them right now and someone needs eliminated from title contention. Maybe its just me that wants this fight. Anyways, Siver has been going to the judges alot lately and this one might go too. I know I said that I expected Siver to finish the fight, but the more I think about it, I think this one is hitting the judges.



Post Fight Comments -



Lightweight Fight: Melvin Guillard (28-8-2-1) vs. Shane Roller (10-3)

MY PICK - Melvin Guillard via KO (1st)

WINNER -



Pre-Fight Comments - I believe that Melvin Guillard is EASILY a top-10 lightweight and unfortunately has been left out of talks as a #1 contender in the stacked lightweight division. I feel bad for Melvin because this fight is a lose-lose type of fight. Beating Shane Roller will not do much for him in most people's eyes in terms of ranking. However, a loss to him could completely destroy everything he has worked for. I just truly think this fight is unfair for Guillard and I truly hope that is work that he's done is not thrown down the drain. Melvin has won four in a row VERY impressively I might add. Shane Roller looks good, but I honestly do not see him on the same level at this stage of his career. I will say this however...If Roller gets this win, this immediately thrusts him towards a possible top-10 entry pretty early in his career. I think Melvin has something to prove however and is gonna knock Roller OUT.



Post Fight Comments -



Lightweight Fight: Andre Winner (11-5-1) vs. Anthony Njokuani (13-5-0-1)

MY PICK - Anthony Njokuani via TKO (3rd)

WINNER -



Pre-Fight Comments - I think that this will be Andre Winner's final fight inside the UFC or Zuffa banner. Winner has lost two in a row to Nik Lentz and Dennis Siver. Njokuani is coming off a hell of a fight in his last one against Edson Barbosa. This could actually end up being a pink slip fight for both men considering if Anthony loses, this would make him 0-2 in the company. With this being the case, I think both men are going to come ready for war. I personally think this is Njokuani's time to get a real shot with the company however and I think he will pull of a TKO win. Andre Winner is good, I just do not see him as a serious contender in the UFC at this stage in his career. He may need some small show wins to get his confidence back where it needs to be.



Post Fight Comments -



Bantamweight Fight: Donny Walker (15-6) vs. Jeff Hougland (9-4)

MY PICK - Donny Walker via TKO (2nd)

WINNER -



Pre-Fight Comments - Both men are making their UFC debuts here tonight and obviously this seems like the weakest fight on the card. What is great about that is that when that usually seems like the case, it ends up being one of the best. Jeff Hougland has won eight in a row and seems to be on a roll. He has submitted four fighters in a row. Walker has been doing alot of work in the Ohio region as of late and has also went on a winning streak as he has won seven fights in a row. He has a great submission game as well which I think will equal Jeffs. I admit that Walker has proven in the past that he can be submitted, so that may be how Jeff gets the win, but I think Walker will actually TKO him before that happens. I think this will be a GREAT fight to start off the card between two newcomers.



Post Fight Comments -

___________________

Pre-Card Comments: This is one of the best cards from top to bottom of the year. It would have been even better if injuries didn't prevent G-Sot and Dunham from happening. Alot in the Lightweight division can be shaken up after this card and we might see some serious names fired unfortunately. I do think we will see a new champion in the great, Urijah Faber. If Tito and Silva loses, this could be their last night here which is sad to me. Possible cuts after this fight in MY PREDICTION will be Andre Winner and Aaron Simpson.

No comments:

Post a Comment