Saturday, July 30, 2011

Conspiracy against Nam Phan?


By King JB

I am not too sure on what to think about Nam Phan's reaction to getting the fight with Mike Brown after reading it today over on the Underground's website. It seems like he has self-esteem issues in my book and thinks pretty low of himself. He basically even said that the UFC might be trying to get rid of him.

“Either they think that ‘Nam Phan, he’s not that bad, let’s throw him up against some big sharks’, or ‘let’s see if we can get him beat, let’s throw him up against some big sharks,” says Nam with an unfiltered laugh.

“The Brown fight, after I broke my foot, I talked to the matchmaker Sean Shelby and he goes, ‘Alright Nam, I’ve got a fight for you,’ and I go ‘Oh, awesome, who is it?’ He says ‘Mike Brown’, and I’m like ‘Mike Brown? Dude, come on! That’s kind of a tough fight. You couldn’t give me a warm-up or something?””

I really hope that Nam is kidding with these comments, because if he is not, he has a SHORT career ahead of him. The truth is that most young lions in this sport WANT to fight the veteran champions from the past that are fading in their careers. Everyone that is coming up in the sport wants good names to add to their resume. Am I reading into this Phan comment too much or does he really think that Brown is too tough of a fight?

Personally, I think this is the fight that BOTH of them need at this point. A fight that can EASILY gain fight of the night honors as well as salvage both of their UFC careers at this point. Mike Brown, a former world champion, needs this win in my book the most.

No comments:

Post a Comment