Saturday, July 30, 2011

Overeem DID have Broken Ribs!


Overeem DID Have Broken Ribs. Why Was He Cut?
By King JB

I wrote an article earlier about the Reem immediately after his release. In this article, I questioned the Reem himself for this release and actually for the first time ever, began to see things just like the Reem haters out there. When Strikeforce released their World Heavyweight Champion, Alistair Overeem out of no where tonight, I figured that it HAD to be Overeem's fault. Well, I was definitely wrong in that article as it seems that Reem definitely had a good reason for needing that extra month off before fighting in October instead of September.

Overeem posted on his official website www.TheReem.com a video that proves that his ribs were indeed fractured. Overeem is seen visiting Amstelland Hospital in The Netherlands, where his orthopedist, Dr. A.C.M. Pijnenburg, shows an X-ray that confirms that Overeem has a fractured rib and cartilage damage that obviously give us the reason why Overeem took some time off before getting to training camp.

"I'm very happy that I now have the confirmation for my story to cancel the fight, because canceling a fight is never nice," Overeem says on the video. "I'm the fighter who always wants to fight. The Strikeforce [Grand Prix] is something I really wanted to win. But also, I realize that I have to be fit to fight, of course. I felt I was not fit going into training, and now this to back up my story, feels good."

Overeem defeated Fabricio Werdum last month and then was removed from the tournament a month later for “refusing to fight” in September due to his injury. Dana White didn't seem upset about the injury at all and in fact said that injuries have been happening all year. He seemed like he was used to major injuries like this.

"If you say you're hurt, you're hurt," he said then. "What are you gonna do? There's been a lot of that lately. If I got mad at guys who got hurt, I'd be really pissed off right now. It is what it is." replied Dana White.

Overeem announced this week that he has indeed accepted another fight however OUTSIDE of the Strikeforce and Zuffa brand. He signed to fight in October (the original month he WANTED to fight in) for Glory World Series. Scott Coker later sounded unsure if Overeem would ever fight in Strikeforce again as he prepared for the huge Strikeforce event tonight in Illinois.

"That's going to be something where we'll sit down with [manager] Bas [Boon] and we'll have that conversation," he said.

Here we are, less than two days later and Overeem is now gone from Strikeforce.

Is this a ploy for Zuffa to bring him over to the UFC? I seriously doubt it now that Overeem is coming up with proof in a defensive stance. Earlier I wondered if Overeem was just being too arrogant and now it appears that he may be an actual victim here. I am not sure exactly what is going on as Zuffa has been silent on this matter so far. I am sure that more will come out over the upcoming days.

Are we seeing the BJ Penn incident of 2004 repeated? Will there be lawsuits? Bad Blood?

No comments:

Post a Comment