Sunday, April 17, 2011

The GREAT Fights that we have now/We are Winning....PART 2/3.

Ok, I am back and hopefully you got to read part one of this. If not, its easy to find. In part one of this, we went over the fights in April and May. In this part, we are going into June and beyond. So, without further adu, I think its time we hit the beautiful month of June.

I am going to start with the event in Dallas that Strikeforce is putting on on June 18th. I don't think that everyone realizes how huge of an event this really is. First off, we got THE REEM stepping into the cage for his rematch with Fabricio Werdum. The last time that these two men fought, Werdum got the submission win. This was all the way back in 2006 at a PRIDE event. Overeem got caught in a kimura. Now, lets be real here. Alistair Overeem is NOT the same REEM that he was back in 2006. The truth is that Overeem is huge as hell now and even more skilled than he was before. His striking is out of this world and he is so strong, grappling or wrestling with him seems like an impossible task.

Overeem has won six fights in a row following his no-contest with Cro Cop. Before that incident, he had won three in a row. So, taking away the no-contest, THE REEM has won nine straight fights and is the HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION of the World for Strikeforce. He is simply the best that they have to offer right now and thats the truth. Overeem has FINISHED his opposition in all NINE of them fights. With that being said, its obvious that Reem knows how to get the job done. Now, Werdum has won three fights in a row following his loss to Junior Dos Santos. The thing about Werdum is that he always wins the big fights for the most part. Hell, he is the first guy in the world to actually BEAT Fedor Emelianenko. Granted, he didn't beat him up like Antonio Silva did, but he still beat him regardless. Werdum has beaten the likes of Fedor, Antonio Silva, Mike Kyle, Gabriel Gonzaga twice, Brandon Vera, Alistair Overeem, and Einemo. There is no question that Werdum has the ability to win this fight based on the fact that he just knows how to win big fights.

However, with that being said, THE REEM is a beast right now and he is just too dominate to lose to Werdum. The REEM looks FAR MORE dominant than Brock Lesnar did during his run. Granted, Lesnar was beating better competition, but Lesnar showed some weakness. Overeem shows no weakness, because there is NO weakness. I think he is going to knock out Fabricio Werdum extremely ugly. I may be wrong, but in my opinion, he is going to win this fight, then beat Antonio Silva, and then fight Josh Barnett in the finals. I will not speak on whom I think will win this fight right now. I will wait for that one.

Next, we got JOSH BARNETT and BRETT ROGERS. Wow, this is going to be good. Josh Barnett is a legend in this business. I know a lot of you disagree with me, but trust me, its true. This man is 29-5 and has been dominate over his MMA career. Granted, we ain't seen him in a while, but Josh Barnett is Josh Barnett. Brett Rogers has a punchers chance in this fight, but that's just about it. I think Barnett is gonna pull this one out by submission. I think Brett Rogers is going to get stuck on the ground thanks to Barnett's wrestling and then get tapped out. I just CAN'T see this going any other way unless Rogers lands a lucky punch. Barnett has won six fights in a row. Brett Rogers has lost two in a row in STRIKEFORCE, but he did get a decision win at W-1 MMA 6 against Rueben Villareal, whom was 19-18-3 going into the fight.

Also in this event, King Mo will be back in action. I feel sorry for all the big King Mo fans, because he is fighting a man that CAN pull off the upset in Ovince St. Pruex. Ovince is 10-4 and has won seven fights in a row. He has went to the judges however in his last three fights. King Mo is coming off his first loss of his career against Rafael Cavalcante. The real question here is will King Mo be able to come back from his loss like a professional and be the real deal or was he a fake to begin with. Ovince has the ability to pull off the upset, but something tells me that King Mo will get back on track by decision on this one. Regardless, this is a VERY meaningful fight for the Light Heavyweight division and this win can set him up for a fight with Dan Henderson after the Fedor fight.

Another HUGE FIGHT on this card is Daniel Cormier up against Shane Del Rosario. This fight in the heavyweight division is as solid as it gets. These are two of the hottest prospects in the weight class. I am excited as can be about this. I have been playing NBA2k11 with Cormier and I know how serious he is about his training. The winner of this fight is obviously the hottest prospect in the division. Cormier has never been defeated in seven fights. He has finished six of these opponents. Del Rosario is undefeated in eleven fights. He has finished ALL ELEVEN of these opponents. Cormier trains at a better camp (AKA) and I think that's going to be the difference. I can't even imagine how hard him and Cain Velasquez probably go with the wrestling. Personally, I think Cormier is going to pull off the win here. I think this fight will actually go to the judges and Cormier's takedowns should end up being the decision. I think Del Rosario will be getting his first loss in this fight. However, I think this fight will be the most exciting fight on the card.

That leads us into the Ultimate Fighter finale. Obviously, we do not know who wins, but something tells me that my boy Shamar Bailey from right here in NAP TOWN is going to take this. Yes, Im being bias, but the truth is that he truly looks solid. I got a lot of faith in him. So, obviously regardless of who is there, the finale is important and big. I cant wait for that one.

Clay Guida against Anthony Pettis is gonna be great. The truth is that Pettis is overrated in my book. Granted, he is good, but there are people saying that he could beat Frankie Edgar. Get the **** outta here with that mess. Now, to the fight, this is huge because it SHOULD decide the next #1 contender for the lightweight championship. I think Clay Guida is going to tear that ass up and show why he finally deserves a title shot. Yes, Pettis is quick. However, Guida is quick too and a tough guy inside and out. He is the most underrated lightweight in the history of the division in my book. I think he is going to prove himself here and pick up a decision win based on his takedowns and energy. Guida has won three fights in a row and has been looking great. His win over Gomi showed that he can beat some of the top guys in the world. He might actually submit Pettis to be honest. Pettis has won four fights in a row himself and has looked good doing it. I just do NOT think that he has what it takes to deal with the energy of Clay Guida. Mark my words, we will see FRANKIE EDGAR vs. CLAY GUIDA sometime in 2011 for the UFC Lightweight Championship. That is unless they bring over Gilbert Melendez for the super fight.

We also have UFC 131 in June, which is gonna be a HUGE show. So, we are gonna move on to Brock Lesnar against Junior Dos Santos. The REAL QUESTION going into this fight is whether JDS has any kind of takedown defense. If Junior doesn't knock him out immediately, I think that Brock Lesnar is going to take him down for the TKO win. Yes, JDS has power, but that doesn't mean he has strength. It takes a lot of STRENGTH to get Brock Lesnar off of you. I love Junior Dos Santos, but I do not think Brock Lesnar is going to be knocked out two fights in a row. That would be HORRIBLE for his career and that's the truth. I predict that if he loses, he will go back to the WWE. Yes, I am serious.

I think that K-Flo will be successful in his Featherweight debut. I think that Demian Maia will submit Mark Munoz in their fight.

Also in June, we have UFC LIVE on VERSUS 4 and a huge fight between Nate Marquardt and Anthony Johnson. I like Rumble, but the truth is that he may be paying too much attention to John Howard to be productive right now. I think Nate Marquardt is going to get the KO win in this fight. He is just too good and Johnson isn't ready for a top guy. Yes, he beat Dan Hardy, but I feel like I can beat Dan Hardy at this point. He just isn't getting any better as time goes.

I think Pat Barry will beat Cheick Kongo and John Howard will get the upset win over Martin Kampmann to be honest. Well, there you have it...That is the month of JUNE, which is amazing when it comes to fights. UFC is holding THREE events in the month and Strikeforce is holding possibly their best event EVER.

Now we are off to July, where July 30th, we will see two legends go at it. We will see Dan Henderson stepping into the cage with Fedor Emelianenko.

From what I understand, the earlier fight between King Mo and Ovince St. Preux will not be happening as King Mo will be fighting Roger Gracie and Ovince St. Preux will be fighting Rafael Cavalcante.

I will go OVER these fights and the rest of the fights in JULY in my next part of this...I will also add UFC RIO and August in the next blog as well....

Im out,
KING JB

No comments:

Post a Comment