Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Dan Henderson to the UFC again?


by KING JB

To further add to the death of Strikeforce, it seems as if their Light Heavyweight Champion is next to try to get out of dodge. Dan Henderson stated today that he would like the winner of the UFC 135 championship bout between Jon Jones and Rampage Jackson.

“I think that could be interesting going forward, a unification fight with the winner of that contest would be a good match,” Dan Henderson told Telegraph Sport from his home tonight.

“I’m the Strikeforce light-heavyweight champion, I’ve beaten Fedor, and I’m unemployed, so we’ll have to see what the talks are now after I’ve had a few weeks off. It’s not a bad position to be in though.”

“I’m not really looking to go back to middleweight (vs. Anderson Silva). I’m happy at light-heavyweight. It’s where I feel most comfortable."

With all of this being said, it seems to me like Dan is ready to go ahead and jump ship due to being a free agent. What does this mean for the Strikeforce Championship? Right now, they currently have a vacant Heavyweight championship as well as Welterweight championship. For three of the championships to end up vacant would be a disaster for Strikeforce in my opinion. I truly believe that Strikeforce has around seven months to live. Mark my words.

No comments:

Post a Comment